Welcome to Coal Harbour - an exciting new waterfront neighbourhood on the northern edge of the West End. Best defined as everything north of Georgia St from the stunning new waterfront convention centre to Stanley Park, this newly planned community is finally coming together. Take a walk along the seawall and you'll soon understand the appeal of this location. Nearly every building in the area enjoys views across the marina, Coal Harbour itself, Stanley Park and to the Northshore mountains beyond.
High-rise luxury living is the order of the day in Coal Harbour - waterfront resort-style communities built to appeal to both the off shore investor and local empty nesters selling out of single family homes and returning to the heart of the city. For the first time buyer, the nearby Georgia St corridor provides more affordable opportunities off the water but still in state of the art new complexes.
Watch for listings in these buildings. They may not reach the market as frequently as some but are well worth waiting for:
Bayshore Phase 2. 1717/1777 Bayshore Drive. Large luxury waterfront condominiums with huge decks. 1,300 - 4,500 sq ft. Access to all Westin Bayshore amenities and services.
Escala. 323 Jervis St. Best position on the seawall jutting out into the harbour with water on 2 sides. Exquisite finishing.
Cielo. 1205 West Hastings St. Just a block back from the waterfront. Much more affordable but still great quality. "Sky Spa" fitness facility on the top floor. Best view from a treadmill in the city!
Links and Tips
- The Sea Wall - runs the length of the waterfront with Harbour Green park adjacent.
- Devonian Park - pretty landscaped park overlooking the Rowing Club and leading into Stanley Park.
- Stanley Park - home to Lost Lagoon, Beaver Lake, Vancouver Aquarium and 1000 acre rainforest.
- Retail growing steadily on the Seawall.
- Urban Fare gourmet supermarket at Bute and Hastings.
- Restaurant - Lift, 333 Menchions Mews
- Restaurant - Crime Lab, 100-550 Denman St.
- Restaurant/Pub - The Mill Marine Bistro, 1199 West Cordova St.
- Restaurant - Cardero's 1583 Coal Harbour Quay
- Lounge - Fairmont Pacific Rim Lobby Lounge, 1038 Canada Place